Describe a scenario in which a person’s nonverbal language says something quite different from the same person’s verbal language. In doing so, be sure to address how non-verbal communication differs from verbal communication. Describe how the speaker’s message differs depending on the following elements of delivery: voice, volume, pitch, rate, pauses, variety, pronunciation, articulation, and dialect.
NOTE: You may conduct research to complete any of these discussions (if you are still waiting on the book), using the Internet or other resources. Be certain to properly cite your sources and provide a bibliography in appropriate format. This information is also addressed in this week’s audio lessons.
Remember that your discussion response must include the following:
1. A reflection on the concept we are discussing. Give us a summary of things you learned about this concept from your assigned chapter readings.
2. A thorough example/discussion to support your reflection.
3. A final statement that tells us what you take away from this week’s lesson.
4. Properly formatted in-text citations and references.
5. Strong grammar, spelling, and mechanics.
6. In total your discussion should be at least 250 words.
7. The Art of Public Speaking(Stephan E Lucas)