Your response to each essay question should be a minimum of 250 words and be supported by at least one reference from outside sources in APA format including the in-text citation.
1. Define “mediation,” “arbitration,” “mini-trial,” and “summary jury trial.”
2. Explain the benefits and drawbacks to using ADR over litigation.
3. Explain what is meant by “ADR takes place within the shadow of the law.”
4. Describe at least three ways in which mediation differs from negotiation.
5. Describe at least five ways in which arbitration differs from mediation.
6. Discuss the advantages of each type of proceeding over both mediation and arbitration: A. Mini-trial; B. Summary Jury Trial; and C. Private Judging.
7. Define each of the following hybrid forms of ADR: A. Med-Art; B. Arb-Med; and C. Med-then-Arb.
8. Miller, a student of Hope University sought the assistance of the ombuds office of her university concerning grading irregularities by Professor Marcy Little. Unknown to Susan, March Little is the wife of the ombuds, Peter Little.
Conduct research on the Standards of Practice of The Ombudsman Association. Discuss how Peter Little should handle this problem in light of the Standards of Practice of The Ombudsman Association.
Discuss and explain whether this problem gives rise to a conflict of interest.
#9 Doesn’t need to be 250 words.
9. List three possible outcomes of a mediation.