Write an ESSAY of 1,250-1,500-words summarizing and reflecting on an interview with a teacher of ID students, discussing:
1. Methods used to determine appropriate IEP goals for students
2. Strategies used with ID students, and how generally successful students are in reaching their IEP goals
3. Methods for monitoring student progress towards attainment of goals
4. Discuss what the teacher does if the student is not making satisfactory progress towards the goals.
5. How does the IEP drive the teacher’s lesson plans and effective instruction techniques/curriculum?
Ask for two or three example goals. List them and then evaluate these goals on whether or not they are:
What would you do to change these goals if you were the educator? Why?