Enterprise Network system management by the installation, configuration and management of Domain Controllers (DC).
The assignment must be in MS Word format, 1.5 spacing, 11-pt Calibri (Body) font and 2.54 cm margins on all four sides of your page with appropriate section headings. Reference sources must be cited in the text of the report, and listed appropriately at the end in a reference list using IEEE referencing style. Your submission must be your own work, and will be checked for originality using Turnitin originality checking system.
Choose one (1) scenario from the list given below, and carry out the following tasks:
1. Find your group mates who have selected the same scenario. Each group should not be more than three members, two are acceptable. 2. Identify required configurations for your chosen scenario, and perform the configurations using either virtually or physically installed OS to realise the scenario. Students can use Windows Server 2008 or any other higher version. 3. Prepare a detailed system documentation report (individually written, but screenshots can be same within the group) of the configurations using description of each step, and screenshots of your configurations. This report will serve as an important part of backup and disaster recovery documentation for the organisation given in your chosen scenario, and can be used for training new IT staff in the organisation. 4. This is due on Week-11 on moodle. 5. Use your configured system to demonstrate in group the implemented scenario during your week-12 lab. Individual understanding will be tested during the demo. This report should contain the following:
1. Clear identification of what technology/features will need to be configured in order to realise your chosen scenario.
2. The important steps of how the scenario was implemented/configured with each technology/features that you have identified, along with labelled screenshots.
3. Students must configure the domain using either his/her own name, or a group member’s name.
4. Students must create a simple webpage (using header tag only) to display the student ID numbers of the group members, which shall be stored on and displayed from the created IIS (web server). Scenarios (Choose one only):
1: Local Area Network (LAN) to support Windows Server and Client Environment TridentS is a software development company requiring the setting up of a LAN for their office located in Sydney.
They have four departments: Developers, Marketing, Operations, and Finance. All objects (e.g., users, computers, etc.) belonging to these departments need to be created within their respective OU for their own department. TridentS requires the following technologies to be implemented within their LAN:
1) Centralised user authentication
2) Print server for users
3) All computers should acquire the IP addresses from a DHCP Server
4) TridentS needs to host a website, thus a separate IIS server is required
5) The company wants to store all the files on a separate file server and only users with appropriate access will be able to access them (not every user should have access to the files). You can assume which users/groups will have access to these files, and state your assumption clearly.