Conversion Lab Assignment
Every day you use measurements in routine activities: you pay for gas by the gallon, buy food by the pound, and measure your trips by the mile. Sometimes though, you are given measurements in units that are not in the system or unit that you are most accustomed to using. When this occurs, system and unit conversions are necessary. Fortunately, formulas have been developed to assist you in making these conversions easily.
Please use this resource to assist you with the system and unit conversions:
- Watch Unit Conversions, a Kaplan University Science Center Resource: Kaplan Science Center. (2013). Unit conversions. Kaplan University. Retrieved from https://kucampus.kaplan.edu/MyStudies/AcademicSupportCenter/ScienceCenter/ScienceSeminars1.aspx
Click to access your Unit 4 Lab Assignment. I have attach it below
Food for Energy
review the information found at the website below and address the following questions:
Choose MyPlate. (n.d.). Retrieved December 15, 2016, fromhttps://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Why do different people require different amounts of food and therefore energy? Identify the daily recommended caloric intake for your age and sex.
- Calories are simply a form of measurement. Choose your favorite food and provide the caloric information for 1 serving. Then provide an example of the amount of an activity needed to burn off that much energy.
- What food groups are necessary for a balanced meal? How do your measure a portion?
- Culture, personal experience and the environment impact human health. Provide an example of how children or adults make food choices unrelated to their body’s needs?
- Childhood obesity is an increasing problem in the United States. Propose a way to educate children about food choices and how food can impact their health.
Technological Advancements & Modern Conveniences
Technology is an integral part of today’s home and/or work life. From the computers used, the vacuum cleaner that keeps floors clean, to the filters used to purify the air you breathe; you rely on scientific advancements for your health, entertainment, convenience, and comfort. While many modern inventions make life better, some may have serious negative consequences as well. In this week’s Discussion, you will explore the pros and cons of modern conveniences.
During the week address the following questions:
- Take a look at the various technologies that you have in your home (e.g., family or living room). What “common” items would a typical family have today that they could not possibly have had 100 years ago?
- Have these technological advancements improved your quality of life? Why or why not?
- Discuss the ways technology may negatively impact your life.
- People often talk about the modern conveniences provided by technology, but they rarely discuss the long-term effects that these technologies might have on the world. Beyond the individual, explain how technological advancements impact the planet—either good or bad.
- Propose a solution to the problems that technology may have caused to the environment and support your answer with a credible source(s) in APA format.