You will survey 1 person and write a report based on the findings. Data may be collected through informal interviews or questionnaires. You will post the data and summary of findings to Discussion Board Forum 1.
The first part of this assignment is the survey. Select someone to interview. The subject must not be related to you and must not live in the same household. Use either interview or questionnaire format to gather answers to the following questions:
1. Does the subject eat fortified foods? Does he/she know what a fortified food is? Can he/she give any examples of fortified foods?
2. Can the subject list foods that contain high amounts of or are good sources of each of the following: vitamin A, D, E, K, and B12?
3. Does the subject take a vitamin supplement? Why or why not? If he/she takes supplements, how much does he/she spend a month on vitamins?
4. What resources does the subject use to get most of their nutrition information?
5. How many times a week does the subject eat vegetables? How many servings per day?
6. Does the subject know what a serving is? Have him/her show you.
7. How does he/she cook vegetables?
8. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being not valued much and 10 being highly valued), ask the subject to rate how valuable health is.
9. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being poor and 10 being great), ask the subject to rate his/her current health status.
10. On a scale of 1 to 10 (1 being a weak match and 10 being a strong match), ask the subject to rate how well his/her current eating habits line up or match with the value placed on health. Have him/her expand or explain the answer. In this discussion, ask if he/she can identify any barriers to overall health. In other words, if the above scores do not match, why does he/she think that is the case?
11. What concerns does the subject have about diet or health, if any?
12. If the subject were to learn more about nutrition, what specifically would he/she like to learn about or what would be helpful to him/her in the present situation?
The second part of this assignment is the report. Must be a minimum of 600 words.
1. Discuss the demographic information of your chosen subject. Demographics include age, height, weight, and any other variables that you would like to add. Do not provide names or identify the subjects.
2. Provide the data and discuss the results from the survey. This must include, but is not limited to:
• A discussion of why you think the subject’s scores do or do not match. Be sure to provide specific examples to support your conclusions.
• Identify barriers that you perceive to be present and if you agree or disagree with the barriers the subject identified.
• Evaluate the responses you received and compare those to the recommendations of a healthy diet (cite your references).
• Does the subject appear to be using credible sources for nutritional information? Explain.
• Based on the responses, what do you believe has influenced the subject’s behavior (e.g., knowledge, education, background, family habits, etc.)? Explain.
• Discuss what role a public health nutritionist plays in the lives of people similar to those you interviewed.
• What were the subject’s concerns and interests? Do you find these to be relevant to the individual? Why or why not?
• Be sure to cite at least 2 peer-reviewed resources in current AMA format. Be specific. This is your opportunity to demonstrate that you know the material. Specific examples earn points. General, sweeping comments do not demonstrate that you understand the material.
• Provide specific recommendations you have for your subject.
• If you suggest a nutritional supplement of any kind, you must justify it with research.
3. Report and adequately explain the data from the survey including knowledge of fortified foods, vitamin knowledge, supplements used, frequency of vegetable consumption, and cooking methods.
- We offer what we promise and unlike others our support staffs are online 24/7. We guarantee money back if you do not get value for your Money.
- The calculator below shall help you compute your pay for this assignment or any other assignment.
- WE OFFER 6 HRS URGENT ORDERS AS WELL
Use DISCOUNT CODE DISC15 to enjoy 15% Discount on all orders while at the order page.
Do you need any clarifications ?????????
Contact our support staff ONLINE NOW via the CHAT.